Walk and Hikes (Trekking)
The nearness of the forests and tranquillity if the Senese country-side offer guests of Relax Hotel Aquaviva abundant possibilities for country walks and hiking trips. The range of trails is vast and goes from easy walks of a couple of hours, to more exacting trips for the whole day.
We can provide maps for all the trails, and suggest ones most suitable to your needs and abilities.
In the forests, especially at dusk, it is possible to come across woodland creatures typical of the area, such as porcupine, pheasant, wild boar, deer, badger and many others.
A list of the principle trails in order of duration:
· To the village of Casole d’Elsa, via the old parish church of Pusciano;
· To the Sellate stream, the Teschio (shell fossil deposit), to Capretto farmhouse, to Monti farmhouse;
· To the church at Mensano (11th century), via Casole d’Elsa;
· To the forest of Berignone, possibly further on to the ruins of the castle once used by the Bishops of Volterra (called “La Torraccia”); trail of high fauna interest;
· Through the Montagnola Senese;
· To the Selva farmhouse, up to Cottorniano;
· To San Gimignano, via Castel San Gimignano;
· through the Chianti hills;
· And many more.