Walk And Hikes
Relax Hotel Aquaviva is also ideal for artistical and cultural holidays.
The most important locations in Tuscany that are easily reached:
· Casole d'Elsa 4 km, a village of Etruscan origin which has obtained the "Orange Flag" from the Italian Touring Club, an example of medieval civilization perfectly preserved;
· San Gimignano (17 km), intact in every way for a leap back to medieval times;
· Volterra (20 km) one of the most important Etruscan cities, with a unique museum;
· Siena (30 km), the city famous for its Palio, run on 2nd July and 16th August every year;
· Florence (60 km) Dante's city, home of the Renaissance, capital of the Medici family...;
· Pisa (60 km), home of the keaning tower, Piazza dei Miracoli, and Galileo...;
· Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pienza (100 km in total) three towns south of Siena;
· The first famous for the "Brunello di Montalcino" wine, one of the best of the world;
· The second rich in Renaissance works and its "Nobile" wine;
· City created by Pope Pious the 2nd and the artist Piccolomini...
The lovely beaches of the Thyrrenian coast are at an hours drive: Cecina, Bibbona, San Vincenzo, Baratti, and many more.